the Realm of Omnisphere I patchbank for Omnisphere 2. A patchbank containing epic, cinematic & ambient sounds which can be used for ambient, new age, Berlin school and other types of music and is aimed at epic, cinematic soundtracks and filmscoring. This soundbank is also highly inspired by artists like Jean Michel Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Vangelis and others.
sounds are very atmospherical, great for filmscoring and ambient oriented music. Also ideal for sci-fi, thriller, and even horror movies if you're into that. The Omnisphere Orb gives some of these patches an even more omnious and scary character.
sounds are a great bonus. These can be used to add rhythmic elements to your tracks. Some are Jean Michel Jarre oriented, based on the Oxygene and Equinoxe albums. I noticed that there are always Jean Michel Jarre type sounds sneeking into my sound libraries. Maybe my preferred genre of music which is Berlin School has something to do with that.
are very lush and thanks to the Orb, which is turned on in some of the patches, gives them a lot of evolving motions, which is great for soundtracks, new age and ambient types of music. We can describe these sounds as epic,omnious, mysterious, magical and weird in some cases. These pads will give you instant inspiration.
sound section contains sounds that all have to do with strings obviously such as acoustic strings, lush synth strings, vintage strings and even guitar sounds, since we all know also have strings. Guitar sounds layered with voice and string sounds sound great and will give you instant inspiration. The vintage type of strings will throw you back into the 1970's and 80's. The analog synth type strings will enhance any sound. These are great to be used on their own or for layering with other sounds which is demonstrated in some of the multis.
sounds are more synth oriented, hence the name. Some of the sounds could be categorized as pad sounds but since they contain less evolving moods, they belong in the synths section. Also epic polysynth sounds, with or without resonance, agressive synth sounds which cut through the mix like a knife through butter, are also present. Weird pitch modulated sounds are also present thanks to the granular synthesis system.
- Realm of Omnisphere I only works in Omnisphere 2.2.0g or higher.
- Realm of Omnisphere I is also part of Synthesizer Bundle 2.
- Follow the installation instructions as stated in the manual or the Installation tab above.
- For Omnisphere 2.2.0g or higher
- Only Omnisphere's soundsources were used
- A total of 158 patches of which 128 are single patches and 30 are multis
- The patches are organized via sound category
- For OSX 10.9 Mavericks or higher
- For Microsoft Windows 7 or higher
- The patches can be modulated via velocity, modulation wheel and aftertouch
- First unzip the file you have downloaded after purchase. Open Omnisphere and click on the UTILITY button and select Install omnisphere as shown in image 1 below.
- Locate the CL-Projects - Realm of Omnisphere I folder you have just created and open the CL-Projects Realm of Omnisphere I.omnisphere file to install the single patches and subsequently the CL-Projects Realm of Omnisphere I Multis.omnisphere file to install the multi patches.
- In case the CL-Projects Realm of Omnisphere I bank isn't active in the left window after installation, you can access the CL-Projects Realm of Omnisphere I single patches by clicking on the DIRECTORY tab on the top left of Omnisphere’s main window, select the User entry and then select CL-Projects Realm of Omnisphere I as shown in image 2 below.
- To access the CL-Projects Realm of Omnisphere I multis, open Omnisphere's MULTI BROWSER by clicking on the multis name box on top of Omnisphere’s main window. In the MULTI BTOWSER, click on the DIRECTORY tab on the top left, select the User Directories entry and then select CL-Projects Realm of Omnisphere I Multis as shown in image 3 below..
- If you still can't see the CL-Projects Realm of Omnisphere I single patches and/or multis after installing, click on the Refresh circular arrow button on the bottom left of Omnisphere’s main window as shown in image 4 below. . If the CL-Projects Realm of Omnisphere I and the CL-Projects Realm of Omnisphere I Multis entries are not visible after refreshing the database, either close Omnisphere and open a new instance and if even that doesn’t help, restart your DAW.
- The screenshots were taken from Omnisphere 2.5 !!
- I recommend installing the patches via the standalone version of Omnisphere 2.5 since this seems to give less problems.
- Sample Library Review"Realm of Omnisphere is an eclectic mix of well-designed gems that run the gamut from cinematic pads and sweeping ambient atmospheres to classic Berlin School arpeggios, imaginative strings and all around great sounding synths.
Realm of Omnisphere is packed with the classic sounds of 70’s electronic royalty like Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze, Vangelis and Jean Michel Jarre, along with a vast amount of material that would be equally at home in a film score from John Carpenter or Hans Zimmer. Somewhere in between, there is a variety of evolving atmospheres, lush pads, and a combination of strings that range from guitars to spacey symphonics.
One of my favorite things about Realm of Omnisphere was playing through the Arpeggios in the library which immediately reminded of all the 70’s classic electronic albums from the Berlin School giants. The inspiration was full-on for me to create a new track for my latest solo album as I worked through these one by one. The Arpeggios are definitely one of my favorites in the library and they are extremely diverse (In the interest of full disclosure I also created some demo music for this library).
Realm of Omnisphere is divided into six main categories: Ambient, Arpeggios, Multis, Pads, Strings and Synths. As a first effort with Omnisphere, I found it really refreshing that CL-Projects made so much use of aftertouch, modwheel and the Orb to add movement, vibrato and/or modulation based on the individual patches.
The Ambient category is a bit of a wolf in sheep’s clothing. There is a great deal of movement and emotion in these patches, not the blandness that some expect from ambient.
The Pads are full of unique lush and evolving cinematic patches which again often make use of the Orb to add movement to the sounds. There are also dark and brooding offerings like “Angel of Mercy” and “Book of Revelation” that would be right at home in suspense or horror scenes.
The Strings contain a range of nice sounding layered guitars, Vangelis inspired strings and a fair amount of material that is immediately reminiscent of vintage analog synth strings.
The Synths category I really found to be a mixed bag, but in a good way. There is less Orb movement or modulation applied here and more emphasis on stabs, biting leads, and even some pad-type sounds. There is some really nice use of the Omnisphere Granular Synthesis at play here in some of the patches as well.
Based on the styles of music that I compose in the electronic realm (no pun intended), this has become an indispensable library for me already. While there is a heavy influence of the electronic pioneers of old here, the vast majority of these sounds will really fit well in underscore, film score, and video games and definitely for electronic music of all genres. If you are looking for a top notch library to expand Omnisphere 2, I would highly recommend Realm of Omnisphere.
As with all of my reviews, I would encourage you to check out the official demos to make sure that this is the right tool for you.
- Realm of Omnisphere contains 120 patches, 30 multis and requires Omnisphere version 2.2.0g or higher
- Realm of Omnisphere sells for £22.99 including VAT from: CL-Projects"
Brian Brylow (Assistant editor / Contributing reviewer)Sample Sound Review"When I began playing CL-Projects 'Realm of Omnisphere' I was immediately drawn into a realm of my own world and imagination. The power of this soundset kept me in wonder and engrossed in a very hypnotic-like state of musicality. All I wanted to do was sit there, write a new track, and really listen to every nuance of each patch. It took awhile to get through an audition each patch but not once did I get tired or bored. Frank Dierickx, the man behind CL-Projects, doesn't know how to skimp on quantity or quality. He has delivered a product worth every price in triplicate.
The value in this library soundset for Omnisphere 2 is one of the best-hidden discoveries I've found this year. Every Omnisphere geek, like myself, will be doing themselves a mistake if they pass up on 'Realm of Omnisphere'. If you don't believe how powerful this set is just put on a pair of headphones and watch the video below to listen to every patch. With so many well-known sound designers out there, I am constantly shocked when I find one that simply slipped by me and Frank Dierickx of Cl-Projects honestly slipped by me, until this year.
Whether your scoring for a film, tv show, trailer, documentary, it doesn't matter. Whether your writing ambient, new age, chill-out or any other electronic music genre, you will find 'Realm of Omnisphere' has something you want and everything you can use.
Remember to go into stack mode yourself to create your own multis because it is literally limitless with Omnisphere. If you want to purchase this library it is sold on Sampleism and Synthmob.
if you jump into this realm it will most definitely take you a while to pull yourself away from your Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2. Be prepared to spend some time captivated by this soundset library and trying to pull yourself away from your computer might be easier said than done."
Steve Montgomery (Sample Sound Review)SampleismGunther Neuhaus: "NEVER HEARD ANYTHIG BEFORE. A must have on presets."Torley Wong: "OMG! REALM OF OMNISPHERE IS ALREADY ONE OF MY FAVE OMNISPHERE PATCH BANKS. So lush and expressive, and very fitting homages to some synth greats here... smiling so much playing "To The Unknown Man" with "CS-80 Legacy". CL-Projects have done great with the effects as well, and WOW I'm so glad he assigned mod wheel and aftertouch! That often gets overlooked but is SO important for expressivity. :D A joy to press Shuffle and explore one after another. I hope to see more Omnisphere sounds from CL-Projects!"CHRISTOPHE ROBERT: "THIS PACK IS INDISPENSABLE. Recently bought this pack of amazing patches for Omnishphere. It's spectacular. Tons creative sounds that works for any genre, from ambient to techno & deep house. Thank you CL-Projects !".SynthmobFrank S.: "Good stuff. I'll use it for ambient tracks."Thomas W: "Realm of Omnisphere is the best 3rd Party library for Omnisphere i ever purchased. I hope for Realm of Omnisphere 2."Napoleon P.: "Realm of Omnisphere and I will order more! I love the Omnisphere 2 - Realm of Omnisphere and I will order more! Fast down load this is the reason I like to get Omnisphere 2 presets/patches. Thank you."Matte0 G.: "Excellent. I usually do not buy presets easily, but this pack is excellent. I work professionally with sound design, ambient, soundtrack, and here you find atmospheres and suonds that Omnispheres packs usually do not focus on. Hope to see more releases like this from CL-Projects."Thomas W.: "The Best 3rd Party Omnisphere Sounds hands down. Not here to bash other companies but there is a lot of terrible Omnisphere presets. I have spent as much as $50 to get sounds that were no better than a cheap Casio. These presets are so amazing if CJ-Projects released more I would buy them all without question. The other great thing about this soundset is there is no filler. If you need great sounds this is one to buy."Sirius Q.: "Best ad for Omnisphere Yet. This preset collection is really the best add i have ever heard for the Omnisphere yet. Spectrasonics take note!"