- THE ROLAND D-50
was and still is one of my favourite synths of all time. I noticed that there weren't any patchbanks dedicated to ambient pad sounds so i decided to make my own, first resulting in the Linear Universe patchbank and now the Linear Galaxy patchbank containing airy, ambient, astrological, atmopsheric, ethereal, mystic, planetary and spiritual sounds. The Linear Galaxy patchbank will breath new life into your Roland D-50.
is the follow up of Linear Universe. Linear Galaxy is a patchbank for the Roland D-50, D-550 & D-05 synthesizers containing 64 new and original patches (8 banks of 8 patches) Linear Galaxy focuses mainly on atmospheric and ambient pad sounds demonstrating the full potential of the Roland D-50.
are very well suited to be used in ambient and new age music. Every musician who owns a D-50 synthesizer and plays ambient, new age music, should have this patchbank. You won't regret it.
- The Linear Galaxy patchbank is compatibe with these synthesizers: The Roland D-50, D-550, D-05, V-Synth & V-Synth GT with the VC-1 expansion card & the V-Synth XT. This patchbank can also be loaded into the Roland D-50 VST / AU software plugin.
- The Linear Galaxy patchbank is also part of Synthesizer Bundle 1.
- Follow the installation instructions as stated in the Linear Galaxy Installation.pdf file or the Installation tab above.
- 64 patches (8 banks of 8 patches)
- Focuses on atmospheric and ambient pad sounds
- In SysEx bank and SysEx patch format
- Velocity and aftertouch responsive
- Installation instructions
- Patch List
- MIDI-OX MIDI Utility Program
- WE RECOMMEND
using MIDI-OX (PC) for loading the bank into your synth. The MIDI-OX MIDI Utility Program is included in the Linear Universe package. For MAC users, we recommend SysEx Librarian which you can find here.
loading the bank into the synth, we strongly suggest to backup your sounds from the Roland D-50 synth to a Roland M-256D or M-256E Memory Card or to a computer. If you don't do this, all your sounds will be lost.Preparation
- Connect the MIDI IN of your synth to a MIDI OUT of your computer, either via a MIDI interface or via a MIDI breakout cable of your soundcard.
- Connect the MIDI OUT of your synth to a MIDI IN of your computer, either via a MIDI interface or via a MIDI breakout cable of your soundcard. This is only needed when you want to backup your patches as described below.
- Install MIDI-OX and startup the program after installation.
- In MIDI-OX, open the Options menu and choose MIDI Devices...
- In the MIDI Inputs and MIDI Outputs boxes, choose the MIDI In and MIDI Out your synth is connected to.
- Click OK.
- Set the synths Memory Protect function to Off by clicking on the Tune/Function button (beneath the joystick), then clicking on the Tone Balance button (beneath the display) and move the joystick completely to the left.
Loading the Linear Galaxy patchbank
- In MIDI-OX, open the View menu and choose SysEX.
- In the SysEx dialog box, open the SysEx menu and choose Receive Manual Dump... A small dialog box opens, waiting for the SysEx dump to be received.
- On your synth, while holding the DATA TRANSFER button, push the KEY MODE button (beneath the display) (B.DUMP) and then the ENTER button. You will see Sending on the synths display. When the dump is complete, the screen will change to Complete.
- In MIDI OX, click Done in the small dialog box.
- Still in MIDI-OX, open the Display Window menu and choose Save As..
- You can now save your bank to the computer.
- Unpack the supplied zip archive file to a directory of choise.
- On your synth, while holding the DATA TRANSFER button, push the SLIT POINT button (B.Load) and then the ENTER button. You will see Waiting on the synths display.
- In MIDI OX, open the Actions menu and choose Send and SysEx File...
- A dialog box will open from where you can choose the supplied Linear Galaxy.syx file.
- Double click on the Linear Galaxy.syx file. The soundbank will now be sended to the synth.
- When the dump is done you will see Complete on the synts display.
- Push the Exit button on the synth to be able to use the Linear Galaxy patches.
- CL-ProjectsThe Kyoto Connection