- THE SYNTHESIZER BUNDLE 1
exists out of the Linear Universe and Linear Galaxy patchbanks for the Roland D-50, D-550 and D-05 hardware synthesiers. The Synthesizer Bundle 1 contains 128 new and original patches (16 banks of 8 patches) in SysEx format. The Linear Universe and Linear Galaxy patchbanks focus mainly on atmospheric and ambient pad sounds demonstrating the full potential of the Roland D-50, D-550 and D-05 hardware synthesizers. The patches are very well suited to be used in ambient and new age music. Every musician who owns a D-50, D-550 or D-05 hardware synthesizer and plays ambient, new age music, should have these patchbanks. You won't regret it.
- These patchbanks are compatibe with these synthesizers: The Roland D-50, D-550, D-05, V-Synth & V-Synth GT with the VC-1 expansion card & the V-Synth XT.
- Follow the installation instructions as stated in the Linear Bundle Installation.pdf file or the Installation tab above.
- WE RECOMMEND
using MIDI-OX (PC) for loading the bank into your synth. The MIDI-OX MIDI Utility Program is included in the Linear Universe package. For MAC users, we recommend SysEx Librarian which you can find here.
loading the bank into the synth, we strongly suggest to backup your sounds from the Roland D-50 synth to a Roland M-256D or M-256E Memory Card or to a computer. If you don't do this, all your sounds will be lost.Preparation
- Connect the MIDI IN of your synth to a MIDI OUT of your computer, either via a MIDI interface or via a MIDI breakout cable of your soundcard.
- Connect the MIDI OUT of your synth to a MIDI IN of your computer, either via a MIDI interface or via a MIDI breakout cable of your soundcard. This is only needed when you want to backup your patches as described below.
- Install MIDI-OX and startup the program after installation.
- In MIDI-OX, open the Options menu and choose MIDI Devices...
- In the MIDI Inputs and MIDI Outputs boxes, choose the MIDI In and MIDI Out your synth is connected to.
- Click OK.
- Set the synths Memory Protect function to Off by clicking on the Tune/Function button (beneath the joystick), then clicking on the Tone Balance button (beneath the display) and move the joystick completely to the left.
Loading the Linear Bundle patchbanks
- In MIDI-OX, open the View menu and choose SysEX.
- In the SysEx dialog box, open the SysEx menu and choose Receive Manual Dump... A small dialog box opens, waiting for the SysEx dump to be received.
- On your synth, while holding the DATA TRANSFER button, push the KEY MODE button (beneath the display) (B.DUMP) and then the ENTER button. You will see Sending on the synths display. When the dump is complete, the screen will change to Complete.
- In MIDI OX, click Done in the small dialog box.
- Still in MIDI-OX, open the Display Window menu and choose Save As...
- You can now save your bank to the computer.
- Unpack the supplied zip archive file to a directory of choice.
- On your synth, while holding the DATA TRANSFER button, push the SLIT POINT button (B.Load) and then the ENTER button. You will see Waiting on the synths display.
- In MIDI OX, open the Actions menu and choose Send and SysEx File...
- A dialog box will open from where you can choose the supplied Linear Universe.syx file.
- Double click on the SysEx file of choice. The soundbank will now be sended to the synth.
- When the dump is done you will see Complete on the synts display.
- Push the Exit button on the synth to be able to use the patches.
- Synthmobchris b.: "Very good patches! These D50 patches are what I was looking for. Spacey ambience sounds mostly. Not really an all rounder patch set, but these sounds bring out what the D50 does best."Sébastien G.: "Sounds banks D50. Linear Bundle for D50 is the better sounds for this synthesizer. I use this since 1987 ! Great !"Reginald S.: "Out of This Universe! Awesome sounds, my friend! The Linear Bundle is perfect for my False Dawn project. I do some sound design myself with the PG-1000 but your patches really turn my D-50 into a sonic probe flying into outer space! Stellar sounds at a super affordable price!"Helmuth Schicker: "Linear Bundle. Sehr gute atmosphärische Sounds. Bißchen wie mein alter JD-800. Ich vermisse noch mehr PADs, die von weich bis crispy, metallisch und bühnentauglich sind. Viele klingen sehr gut und kann man in der Studioproduktion einsetzen. Danke."kurt a.: "Presets deluxe. Very good presets. Well build."Clay L.: "Wonderful Sounds. These are fantastic sounds for the Roland D-50 and D-550, and maybe the new D-05. On the old units, just remember to hold the Transfer button down while selecting the Bulk-Load option when loading via SysEx (same for Bulk-Dumps)."Peter C.: "Brings a 30 year old synth back to life. Absolutely beautiful Sound Design. I got so used to the "classic" presets on the D-50... so much that I was going to sell mine... but, after downloading these and having a quick tinker, they have completely revitalised my desire in this 30 year old synth. Very modern sounding, very useable and simply stunning. Create some more please!!!"Axel J.: "Fresh D-05, fresh D-50 sounds. Fantastic atmos and pads, useful for ambient, soundtrack, any kind of cosmic and spacy music. I really love this bundle."Johannes S. "Usable and inspiring. Tons of sounds that instantly spark new ideas. Very atmospheric and unique stuff."Pejman R.: Mesmerizing. "The Linear Bundle by CL-Projects is a necessary purchase for every owner of Roland's D-50/D-550. To say that it "breathes new life" into the machine is an understatement. This is mighty fine set of patches and I'm very excited to be utilizing them. They are also simply a joy to play as they sound warm, ethereal, evolving, and novel. The Linear Bundle is a testament to the continued community exuberance for the D-50 and its one of a kind hallmark sound."Vojislav D.: "Excellent libraries, highly recommended! I purchased the Linear Bundle, using it on my V-synth and VC-1 card and it works perfectly. In this combination it is especially convenient to have both libraries loaded at the same time and to be able to fully enjoy and explore the libraries Patches are varied, deep and inspiring. There are very little "more of the same" types of patches, which pleasantly surprised me. All of them are instantly usable, but true power lies in using them as a starting point to tweak slightly or madly and reach a different kind of sound than you would starting from an Init patch. Lovely libraries, highly recommended to anyone looking for expressive, deep, inspiring pads and atmospheres to use on their D-50s or VC-1s. Excellent buy!"