- THE ACCESS VIRUS
is a virtual analog synthesizer made by the German company Access Music GmbH. It was first produced in 1997 and has since been upgraded frequently, with the company releasing new models about every two years. The Access Virus employs various synthesis techniques, including subtractive synthesis, phase distortion (PD) synthesis, frequency modulation (FM) synthesis, and starting with the TI series, wavetable synthesis.
THE VIROLOGIC EXPANSION LIBRARY
is an addition to the main Virologic library. This expansion will add 320 new patches to the original Virologic library. The samples are in 24bit 44.100 Khz ncw format. The library is divided into 12 sound categories containing 305 instruments and 43 Multis. The categories are: Arpeggios, Bass, Brass, Drums & Percussion, FX, Keys, Leads, Pads, Plucked, Strings, Synths and Winds. The patches that use the Modulation Wheel as modulator for the Filter are marked with MW.
three parameter pages, the 'Controls' page, to edit the main parameters like the Portamento, Unisono, Envelope and Filter settings, the 'Additional Effects' page to edit the effects parameters and the 'Arpeggiator' page to edit and add rhythmic elements to the sound.
- Virologic Expansion only works in the full version of Kontakt 5.1 or higher.
- When using the free Kontakt Player, this library will only work for 15 minutes in demo mode!
- Virologic Expansion is also part of the Kontakt Bundles 2 & 8.
- Follow the installation instructions as stated in the Installation tab above.
- For Kontakt 5.1 (Full version, not for Kontakt Player)
- The samples are in 24bit 44.100 Khz ncw format
- Total of 320 patches , 3.25 Gb unpacked
- Velocity and Aftertouch responsive
- 9 FX: Chorus,3-Band EQ, Reverb, Delay, Flanger, Phaser, Rotator, Distortion and Stereo
- Effects Time and Speed parameters sync to Host tempo
- Easy to edit Apeggiator included
- Unpack the supplied zip archive file to a directory of choice.
- Open Kontakt
- Open the Kontakt browser by clicking on the Browse icon on top of the Kontakt window.
- Open the Files tab in the Kontakt browser.
- Navigate to the directory where you installed the library.
- Open the CL-Projects - Virologic Expansion folder.
- Open the Instruments or Multis folder and their subdirectories until you can see the nki / nkm files.
- Double click on a nki or nkm file or drag it in the Kontakt window to load the patch.