- THE SAFFRON BASS SYNTHESIZER
is the first in a series of three inspiring Kontakt 5 instruments, the so called Blue Orb Series. Saffron is a dual oscillator synthesizer intended to make huge fat, deep bass sounds. Saffron has a dual oscillator architecture with multiple envelopes, filters, LFO's and effects. But don’t be fooled by it’s name. Also pads, synths, strings and other types of sounds are possible with this versatile synthesizer.
60 different waveforms to choose from, 30 per oscillator. Each OSC has 3 envelope generators.(Amplifier, Filter and Pitch) and 3 different filters, (LP, HP and BP). There are 2 LFO’s, a Pitch LFO and a Filter LFO with a choice between 4 different waveforms (Sine, Saw, Square & Random), or the LFO can be switched off. Both LFO’s can be used at the same time.
can be modulated via Velocity, Aftertouch, Key Follow and the Modulation wheel. And to top this all off, you have a choice between 8 different FX (Digital Reverb, Digital Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Compressor, 2-Band EQ, Skreamer distortion) and an Arpeggiator.
already comes with a big selection of sounds for you to play with (204 instruments and 80 multis) of which 120 are bass sounds. The sounds of Saffron are highly inspirational and are therefore very suitable to translate your musical ideas into complete tracks. The big amount of controls encourages you to make your own sounds. The possibillities are endless. Be ready to enter the world of Saffron. You won't regret it.
- Saffron only works in the full version of Kontakt 5.3 or higher.
- When using the free Kontakt Player, this library will only work for 15 minutes in demo mode!
- Saffron is also part of the Kontakt Bundles 3 & 8.
- Follow the installation instructions as stated in the Installation tab above.
- For Kontakt 5.3 (Full version, not for Kontakt Player)
- 24bit 44.100 Khz wav samples
- 284 patches: 204 instruments (nki) and 80 multis (nkm)
- 1.02 Gb in size unpacked
- 24 samples per instrument, 2 oscillators, 12 per oscillator
- Velocity and Aftertouch responsive
- 8 Effects: Digital Reverb, Digital Delay, Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Compressor, 2-Band EQ and Skreamer distortion.
- Time and Speed parameters sync to Host tempo
- Controls page
- Arpeggiator & Effects page
- Animated Blue Orb
- Unpack the supplied zip archive file to a directory of choice.
- Open Kontakt
- Open the Kontakt browser by clicking on the Browse icon on top of the Kontakt window.
- Open the Files tab in the Kontakt browser.
- Navigate to the directory where you installed the library.
- Open the CL-Projects - Saffron Bass Synthesizer folder.
- Open the Instruments or Multis folder and their subdirectories until you can see the nki / nkm files.
- Double click on a nki or nkm file or drag it in the Kontakt window to load the patch.
- Kontakt HubMark Taylor: "RICH, PUNCHY BASS SOUNDS + SO MUCH MORE!Part of the highly recommended BLUE ORB TRILOGY of synths, SAFFRON'S main focus is bass sounds and it ticks this box very well indeed... Loads of warm, punchy, very playable bass sounds that sit well in the mix! Good selection of other types of sound as well in this collection - pads, leads etc. GUI is well organised and easy to use - try creating your own sounds...great fun! CPU use - no issues at all so far + very stable and quick to load."Daniel Hogan: "ANOTHER WINNER FROM CL-PROJECTS. As with everything by CL-Projects, this was money well spent."Andy McWain: "COOL. You'll be surprised what you can do with this!"Tomislav Erhard-Pacovski: "MORE THAN IT SAYS ON THE TIN. I've noticed this particular developer due to their obvious love for music and sounds from artists such as Vangelis, Jean-Michel Jarre, Kitaro, Tangerine Dream etc. who are also my personal influences. I've built a substantial sound library over time centered around the latest version of Komplete plus a substantial number of handpicked 3rd party Kontakt instruments, but I was occasionally found myself lacking certain sounds that are typically found on hardware keyboard workstations and modules. The Blue Orb collection from CL-Projects is a fine source of these. I must admit, though, that I was initially not so impressed and inspired with the numerous presets that come with these libraries as I am when going through the ones in some other products that I have. But I definitely agree with the review mentioned on Kontakt Hub: the real power of the Blue Orb series lies in ability to build your own custom presets using the included sound sources that were captured from a range of quality hardware devices. Thanks to the clever GUI that might seem a bit cluttered at first sight and the included effects, the possibilities are virtually endless."