- SYSEX LIBRARIAN
is a utility for Mac OS X which lets you communicate with MIDI devices using System Exclusive messages, also known as SysEx. The most common use is to backup patch data from synthesizers, although there are others (such as sending firmware updates). SysEx Librarian makes it easy to keep a library of the SysEx files you use most often, and to record new SysEx files.
'syx' files can either be performed from the menu item or by loading them from the native Renoise file browser panel. Upon installation, the tool will create a new 'SysEx Librarian' menu in the 'Tools' main menu. Within this menu are the following menu items:
- MIDI RECEIVE DEVICE MENU: This lists all available MIDI input devices for recording SysEx messages. Select a device in this list to immediately connect or 'None' to disconnect. The currently enabled device will be checked to indicate the current state.
- MIDI SEND DEVICE MENU: As above, but for MIDI output devices.
- SEND SYSEX FILE: This will open a dialog to prompt the user for the system exclusive '.syx' file to send to the send device. This function cannot be used if no send device is connected.
- RECORD SYSEX FILE: If unchecked, this will start recording of all system exclusive messages into memory. When selected a second time (while checked) recording will stop. If any messages have been received the user will then be prompted for the '.syx' file to save them to. This function cannot be used is no receive device is connected.
- AUTOMATICALLY CONNECT: If enabled (checked) when saving preferences, the current MIDI send and receive devices will be connected automatically when opening Renoise.
- SAVE PREFERENCES: This will save the current MIDI send and receive device and the automatic connect states to disk to be used when opening Renoise. If automatically connect is not selected, then the devices will not be connected on startup and so in this case the function may appear not to perform any action.
- This download doesn't contain any virus or adware whatsoever.
- Please consult the Requirements tab to see the needed requirements for this software.
- Homepage: https://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/
- Send sysex dumps to a midi device
- Receive sysex dumps from a midi device and save in a syx file
- Manage sysex files on external storage
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.9 or later
- MIDI hardware interface with OS X driver